Thames Water/ Clancy Dowcra.
Date or period
1856 and circa.1890.
Archaeological Priority Zone.
The site sits at the terminus of the Walthamstow Slip.
Group value with headquarters building, railings, the sluice building and the Essex, Middlesex and Leyton filter beds.
The City of London holds a copyrighted photograph of the Duke and Duchess Engine House, which it refers to as the 'Duke of Duchen Engine Home'. The photograph can be viewed here (open a new page).
The building housed two triple compound rotative beam engines,so named, made by James Simpson & Co. of Pimlico. The engines were commissioned by the East London Company’s engineer - George Seaton.
Built by John Aird & Sons.