] google-site-verification: googlebff6a43135515ad3.html

Northern aqueduct

Aqueduct (circa. 1853/4) (Demolished)





The northern aqueduct linked Lea Bridge with the reservoirs and engine house at Coppermill and was conceived by engineer Charles Greaves. The aqueduct itself has been demolished and filled in north of Lea Bridge Road. Constructed by Charles Rigby. Fragments of footbridges across the aqueduct remain along a bridge carrying the Lea Bridge Road over the water.

Go toLocation


Details

Ownership

Text

Date or period

Text

Current Designation

Text

Architectural Merit

Text

P1020388

Aqueduct flood gates south of Lea Bridge Road

Mike Doyle.April 2013

leabridge.org.uk December 2012
]