] google-site-verification: googlebff6a43135515ad3.html

Prince Consort Engine House

Prince Consort Engine House (Demolished)

© Mike Doyle. April 2013

 Details

Ownership           

Thames Water/ Clancy Dowcra.

Date or period

1856 and circa.1890.

Current Designation

Archaeological Priority Zone.

Archaeological Significance

The site sits at the terminus of the Walthamstow Slip.

Group Value

Group value with headquarters building, railings, the sluice building and the Essex, Middlesex and Leyton filter beds.

Condition

Demolished


This page is under development

Engine house built to serve the Leyton Filter beds in the south west corner of the Essex Waterworks site.

The Prince Consort

1893/94.

Housed a vertical triple expansion engine made by Harvey &Co. of Hayle.

East London Company’s engineer - W.B. Bryan

Built by John Aird & Sons.


© leabridge.org.uk December 2012
]