The 'Triples' engines house and boiler shed were erected by engineer W.B. Bryan in 1889/91. The engines were associated with the adjacent No.1 Essex Filter Beds.
The main engine house has been demolished except for a fragment of the stone plinth course still attached to the corner of the surviving and intact boiler shed.
The City of London holds copyrighted photographs of the Triples Engine House, which can be here (open a new page).
The buildings housed three vertical triple expansion engines made by Yates & Thom of Blackburn designed by East London Company’s engineer, W.B. Bryan, and built by Kirk & Randall.