] google-site-verification: googlebff6a43135515ad3.html

Musgrave Engine House

Musgrave Engine House

© Mike Doyle. April 2013

 Details

Ownership           

Thames Water/ Clancy Dowcra.

Date or period

1856 and circa.1890.

Current Designation

Archaeological Priority Zone.

Archaeological Significance

The site sits at the terminus of the Walthamstow Slip.

Group Value

Group value with headquarters building, railings, the sluice building and the Essex, Middlesex and Leyton filter beds.

Condition

Demolished


This page is under development

Musgrave Engine House (Demolished)

P1050375

Plaque of the Chairmen of the Metropolitan Water Board  at the MWB Headquarters, New River Head.  Christopher Goerge Musgrave is listed in June 1922 with the next chair listed in June 1928.

The engine house served the No. 2 Essex filter beds and is named after the Worthington pumping engines it contained.

Musgrave

1922/24.

Housed a vertical triple expansion engine made by Hathorn Davey &Co. of Leeds and

named after the then Chairman of the M.W.B. Board's engineer - H.E. Stilgoe.

Built by J.E. Johnson & Son Ltd.


© leabridge.org.uk December 2012
]