Date or period
Listed Grade II
This page is under development
Mid nineteenth century sewage pumping building in two parts. The taller main building in stock brick has high round arched window openings with original iron glazing bars. This contains a fully-working 100 horse power compound beam engine of 1888 by Wood Bros. of Sowerby Bridge with a 28 foot fly wheel.
The engine and access platforms are supported by a cast iron framework of fluted columns with a palmette pattern frieze. The valve housing has shorter Doric columns.
The second part of the building, with overhanging eaves, is now used as a children’s play centre.
Listed Grade II in 1974.
EH List entry Number: 1358862