Cast iron or steel posts with curved tops and cast or applied lettering that states: ‘County of London Boundary’. Some posts sit alongside metal posts marked ‘LC’ (Lea Conservancy).
The posts are associated with the changes in the historic boundaries of the County of London and the Lee Conservancy and also the vestries, parishes and later the London boroughs in the Lea Bridge area.
Early 20th Century Ordnance Survey maps indicate ‘stones’ in similar positions, which may possibly be earlier boundary markers (now apparently lost).
Possibly consider re-bedding to ensure their long-term survival as heritage, rather than archaeological, artefacts.
The LCC Boundary in 1909