Date or period
Archaeological Priority Area
Single storey entrance lodge building. Square headed rubber brick lintels. The felt roofing probably replaced the original slate.
A stream or drain travels beneath the building, aligned north south, which originally marked the perimeter of the No.1 Essex beds of c.1855.
The building most closely resembles the surviving boiler sheds of the Prince and Princess engine house and may have provided some of the functions previously accommodated in the Foreman's House of 1855 which was designed to function partly as an entrance lodge/gate house.