Canals & Rivers Trust
Date or period
Archaeological Priority Zone
The cottage was built in 1930 by the Lee Conservancy on or near the site of the former Strong's Farm. The house is some distance from Lea Bridge Weir, but was probably the closest available parcel of land.
The date of construction immediately follows construction of flood gates by the Lee conservancy in the 1920's, slightly to the south, and may be associated.
The building has an inset stone panel bearing the legend 'L.C. 1930'.
The plot of land is marked by boundary markers bearing the insignia 'L.C.'.