] google-site-verification: googlebff6a43135515ad3.html

Lee Conservancy Quarter Mile Markers

Lee Conservancy Quarter Mile Markers

These cast iron plates once marked each quarter mile interval from Old Ford Locks northwards along the Lea Navigation. They were erected by the Lee Conservancy Board, founded in 1868.One of the few surviving plates (not in a museum) is located on the east bank at the junction of the Lea Navigation with the Hertford Union Canal, south east of Victoria Park.

leabridge.org.uk December 2012
]