] google-site-verification: googlebff6a43135515ad3.html

Marshes fields & greens


Hackney Marshes

Today, Hackney Marsh is bound by the Hackney Cut (Lea Navigation) to the West and the Old River Lea to the East, but was once more extensive.

More

Lea Bridge Green

Mapping evidence indicates the Green existed in 1820, but it may once have been part of north Millfields and cut of by the Lea Bridge Road.

More

Leyton Marsh

Also known as Porter's Field Meadow, the Marsh once stretched across both side of Lea Bridge Road and is transected by ancient tracks.

More

Marsh Lane Fields

Now known as Jubilee Park, the Fields once formed part of Leyton Marsh, lining the banks of the eastern River Lea.

More

Millfields

Millfields' as a name can be traced back to the 15th or 16th century.The Fields war acquired and became common land after 1872.

More

Walthamstow Marshes

The Marsh is a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) designated 1985.It is one of the last remaining examples of semi-natural wetland in Greater London.

More

Springfield Park

Springfield Park was created by the London County Council in 1904 by combining and remodelling the grounds of three large houses.

More


leabridge.org.uk December 2012
]