This page is under development
The River Lee Trustees provided the High bridge, a wooden footbridge at the foot of Spring Hill, which was subsequently taken over by Hackney district board. A portal frame bridge replaced the women structure, possibly post WWII. A cambered steel bridge was installed in the last five years.
Horseshoe footbridge, south of High bridge, was built by 1894 when a new island was created by the by-passing of a meander in the river at the confluence of Coppermill Stream with the Lea.