] google-site-verification: googlebff6a43135515ad3.html

Strong's Bridge

This page is under development

Strong's Bridge

LB1 7

Strong's Bridge and Farm c. 1890 (Hackney Archives)

Flipped Image

Strongs Bridge from the south (Hackney Archives)

Details

Ownership

Text

Date or period

Text

Current Designation

Text

Architectural Merit

Text

Historical Association

Named after the adjacent Strongs cottage and farm, the bridge is one of a linked pair connecting Lea Bridge Road to the Middlesex Filter Beds. The bridge traversed the canal at an angle.

The bridge is paired with, and practically identical to,Dock Bridge.

The bridge was removed in about 1928 when the adjacent halflock was remodelled to provide new flood gates and a new route over the canal.

Archaeological Significance

Text

Group Value

Text

Condition

Text

Future Conservation

Text

leabridge.org.uk December 2012
]