] google-site-verification: googlebff6a43135515ad3.html

Then & now

The view toward Lea Bridge from the north


The old iron Lea Bridge, built in 1820, can beseen with two chimneys of the Lea Bridge Waterworks to the right (The Victoria engine) and to the left (the Prince and Princess engine). In the foreground is Middlesex Wharf, now part of North Millfields.The buildings on the right were demolished after catastrophic flooding early in the twentieth century.

A similar view today

P1030241




leabridge.org.uk December 2012
]