] google-site-verification: googlebff6a43135515ad3.html

Surviving buildings & structures

Surviving waterworks buildings & structures

This page is under development


Engineers office(1890-92)

The East London Waterworks Company’s Engineers Building was designed by G.E. Holman, supervised by Chief Engineer, W.B. Bryan.

More


P1060147

Prince and princess boiler sheds

Engine houses erected by engineer Charles Greaves associated with the adjacent No.1 Essex Filter Beds. Probably named for children of Queen Victoria

More


Octagonal turbine house

Ornate Italianate brick building beside the Lea Bridge Weir. The building may once may have contained a turbine (waterwheel)

More


http://leabridge.org.uk/_Media/pasted-file-42.pdfAqueduct road bridge

Road bridge over the former East London Water Works Aqueduct that transferred waterfromCoppermill, Coppermill Lane toLea Bridge.

More


Triples boiler sheds(1889-91)

One of either of the Prince or Princess sheds was converted and extended into the ‘triples’ engine houses.

More


Entrance gates (1832 or 1850)

Entrance gates and boundary wall of the Middlesex Filter Beds. Ragstone base and brick with brick coping above. Two gate piers survive.

More


Waterworks railings (1853)

Heavy cast iron panels with a hexagonal lattice design topped by finials and mounted upon and unusual iron posts with an open trellis design and decorative caps.

More


Dock bridge (1853)

Bridge over entrance to the former Lea Bridge Dock. The bridge forms a part of a wider scheme to develop road access to the Waterworks.

More


Flood barriers

In situ cast concrete barriers erected as a curtain wall around the Waterworks after catastrophic flooding in 1947 inundated the works.

More


Entrance buildingP1060174

Modest brick entrance building/ lodge. Water channel passes beneath the building.

More





leabridge.org.uk December 2012
]